Tuesday 18 November 2008

All The Boys Love Mandy Lane

All the Boys Love Mandy Lane

Pretty disappointed by this, to be honest. It's a sort of throw back to the slashers of the 70's/80's, and its grungy, bleached-out style kind of echoes that. A bunch of odious teens gather in a remote farm and...well, you can guess the rest! But it's all pretty flat and dull, and you don't really get to care about any of the characters. It's gory, yes, but not very inspired.

Still, it's not a complete loss. Amber Heard is good, and gorgeous, as Mandy Lane; the soundtrack is inspired; plus, I have to say, I didn't see the twist coming...

So, ** out of *****

3 comments:

Dan Edwards said...

Not seen it, but frankly with a title like that I'm surprised you did.

Paul Edwards said...

I really wanted to like this one, but it just didn't grab me. Plus there were far too many close ups. What is it with films these days with all these close ups??! I thought the killer was rather boring, too. Didn't think I'd ever say this, but...bring back Jason!

Hey Dan, have you seen 30 Days of Night? And if so, is it any good?

Paul 'He Knows You're Alone' Edwards

Dan Edwards said...

Yes I have seen 30 Days of Night. And I really liked it. Its not perfect, but I enjoyed.